Chicken Enchilada Pasta

This is definitely my new favorite meal! I knew I would like it since I love chicken enchiladas....I think I might like it more than actual enchiladas though! Try it, you'll like it! :)

It makes a lot! At least 8 good sized servings I would say (maybe more, I dunno, we still have leftovers in the fridge after all of us ate plus Matt took some to work). 



INGREDIENTS:
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded. (I boiled them, adding pepper and a dash of chili powder to water)
2 Tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 oz diced green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
28 oz can green chili enchilada sauce
10 oz shredded colby & monterrey jack cheese
1 cup sour cream (plus more for topping)
12-16 oz Penne Pasta (I cooked 16 oz, but didn't use quite all of it)
tomatoes, for topping

DIRECTIONS:
Cook Pasta according to package directions.

Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook onions 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper, cook additional 3-5 minutes.
Add chicken, green chilies, salt, chili powder, cumin, and sauce. Simmer about 10 minutes.
Add cheese and stir until melted. Mix in sour cream over low heat. Do NOT boil (sour cream will curdle).

Drain the pasta. My skillet wasn't big enough to add the pasta, so I put the sauce in the pot I cooked the pasta in (while the pasta was in the strainer). Then I added pasta until I felt like there was enough. I probably could have used all 16 oz but I could tell there was already more than enough .Mix together well and enjoy!

adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment