Ham & Swiss Sliders

I have seen multiple versions of this, but all have sesame seeds.  I can't find any where I currently live (ya know, the one time I tried looking!), so I use black pepper instead. Since I haven't had the "original", I am not sure how it compares, but I do know this one is delicious! Matt and I are always miserable after I make them because we can't stop eating them haha. I made them for a friend one night and he said, "This is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth." Give it a try!


INGREDIENTS:
24 Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
Ham (I use 1-2 packs for Hillshire Farm Deli Select smoked ham)
Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip
1.5 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
fresh ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Cut the rolls in half. I usually try to do them in groups of 3, so I don't have to cut 24 individuals rolls. Place the bottoms on a baking sheet, as close together as you can.
Mix the mayo and miracle whip together. Spread it on both the top and bottom halves of the rolls.
Put a piece of ham on each roll. I put one piece on each roll first (which takes a full container of ham plus a little more). Then I go back through and decide if any look like they need more, or I will add more to one end so Matt can have more on his, and the kids get less.
 Put Swiss on each roll. I use packaged sliced cheese that comes with 10 pieces, break it into 4 pieces, and divide somewhat evenly. The rolls with more meat get more cheese.  Put top piece of roll on.
Whisk together the melted butter, mustard, onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Make sure all the mustard gets mixed in (mine likes to stay at the bottom of the bowl). Pour evenly over the rolls immediately, so the onions don't settle to the bottom. 
After pouring, I spread the sauce more evenly with a back of a spoon. Top with black pepper.

Cover with foil and bake @ 350F for 15 minutes, til cheese is melted. Uncover, bake additional 3 minutes. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. We LOVE those Hawaiian rolls! They make any sandwich fantastic. We'll have to try yours.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete