Taco Meatloaf

I hate meatloaf. I refuse to eat it and therefore refused to make it. I noticed a recipe for taco meatloaf on pinterest, however, and I was curious. Since it sounded good, and Matt likes meatloaf, I figured I would give it a try. I am so glad I did, it is delicious! It tastes pretty much like a taco (and nothing like meatloaf!) but without the crunch of a taco. Try it!

(Update: turns out I don't hate all meat loaf. HERE is another good meatloaf recipe!)


INGREDIENTS:
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream (plus more for serving, optional)
1/3 cup salsa (plus more for serving, optional)
1 pack Taco seasoning
1 cup crushed Taco flavored Doritos
1.5 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 lb ground beef
shredded lettuce (optional)



DIRECTIONS:
Mix the egg, sour cream, salsa, seasoning, doritos, and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add ground beef and mix.
Shape into loaf in baking dish. Bake @350F for about 60 minutes (or longer if meat isn't done).
Top with remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil to help cheese melt.


Recipe was adapted from HERE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie!
    Thanks so much for the info. about the blog question I had. You are awesome! Thanks again!
    On another note, I had NO IDEA you had a food blog!! That's SOOO COOL! I'm so happy about it and can't wait to go check out all of your yummy recipes! I just added your food blog to my blog on the right side where I have "food sites I like" at. Also, would you mind if I shared your site on my next blog post? Let me know, because I'd love to share it with others! :)
    Thanks again for helping me out (and for helping me out with my Facebook issue with those darn pictures! You're a life saver!)
    Hope all is well!
    PS--do you have a place on your blog for followers? If so, I'll add my name!

    ReplyDelete