Taco Rice

One of my favorite discoveries in Okinawa is Taco Rice. While it sounds like it would be a Mexican dish, it is actually a Japanese dish that is very popular here in Okinawa.  Delicious!


INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pack taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
6 servings rice (I use brown Minute Rice)
2 cups shredded cheddar
lettuce, cut into bit sized pieces
tomato, diced
salsa
sour cream


DIRECTIONS:
Stir fry ground beef in vegetable oil. Drain.
Cook rice according to package directions.
Add taco mix and water. Heat over low until water is evaporated. Mix in about 1 cup of shredded cheese and let melt over low heat.
Put meat mixture on top of rice. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream. 




2 comments:

  1. I have never seen or heard of this recipe...but by the picture and ingredients I can tell my family will like it..thank you!! I am going to try it!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete